Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hello 2011!

A belated happy new year to my post and also my blog birthday. I'm not as up to date as other bloggers are with wishing my readers a happy Christmas or new year or wishing my blog a happy birthday. I just do it whenever I have time. I know this would drive me crazy as a reader who keeps about 20 blogs in my google reader, but i'm not quite sure that I have a fan base yet :) so I can still do it my way.

The last few days I've been reflecting on my 2010. It has been the most interesting year of my life. I could say one of the best years of my life....but at the same time one of the worse, hardest, most lesson learning years. 2010 had a lot to top because my 2009 was AMAZING. not only did I graduate, have a great job, got engaged, I was looking forward to getting married and a huge move. 2010 was more like a huge piece of humble pie for me. God stripped me of everything I had...a car...a phone...family...friends...job and gave me everything that I wanted while I had it good....a husband...a new family...wifely chores...losing weight! It really drove down the reality of appreciating what you have at that moment because the next moment can definitely change your whole life. And the grass is always greener on the other side.

In 2009 I was very spoiled...all the money I made was spent mostly on shopping, food, selfish things other than paying for my car. 2010, I learned how to live off of another person's money (this time not my dad) and really budget and plan and not take advantage of it. I am truly lucky that money is not a huge issue for us.

2010 also taught me how hard a life as an immigrant is. In the US we always have controversies on how to treat immigrants (and then there are the illegal ones!) but often times they are looked down upon. I've done this myself, to other family members, and now that I am on the short end of the stick I have really been challenged. It is really hard getting immigration papers, working with the government on things, fitting into a new community, finding a job, learning new places. So i regret how I treated others....and feel very very sorry for treating them so badly. I also understand why my parents and other family still have such a strong feeling toward India after living in the US for so long. It's has to say goodbye to the place you are from.

I also learned how to be a wife, to live with a husband. I have a wonderful husband that doesn't bother me at all. We probably had about 4 fights that lasted a few hours in the past year. I am soo lucky to have a sensible, practical husband that really loves me and to be in a relationship that games are not necessary. I truly believe we are each others' best friends and our relationship has been quite easy because of that.

I know 2011 is a year of more change...but change that will help me settle down. I need to find a job for sure. I need to find my purpose in Canada. At the same time, I want to find more friends. I want to understand Canadians more. I need to slowly let go of the US if I want to fit in in Canada. I want to find more of a routine. 2010 brought a lot of changes in my dietary habits and weight loss but I hope I can reach my ideal goal in 2011. There is so much to do. I want to stay motivated, positive, and loving.

No comments: